FEEDS is credited with the first unit of women scientist scheme, code named (WOS-A) in the state under the ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, on the 4th October 2010.
The unit is presently involved in doing research in basic/applied sciences.
There are thirteen women scientists doing full time research work on thirteen projects.
- Parasitoids of certain Lepidopteran pests infesting economically important crops of Manipur
- Phenotypic and molecular characterization among maize landraces of Manipur
- Databasing, Conservation (In-Situ and Ex-Situ) and Estimation of essential minerals and vitamins of wild edible plants of Senapati District, Manipur.
- Cytotoxic evaluation of medicinal plants using MTT Assay against human cancer cell lines
- Nematode pasts of pigeonpea crops in Manipur with special reference to their management by low input technology
- In-vitro micropropagation of Taxus Baccata and Paris Polyphylla
- Genetic diversity assessment and cytological studies of citrus germplasm in Manipur using RAPD and advance Cytological technique
- Survey, collection of different king chilli (Capsicum Chinense Jacquin.) germplasm in Manipur varietal evaluation in terms of yield performance in a given unit area
- Mycorrhizal fungal diversity in the genus Dendrobium (Orchidaceae) and their conservation
- Synthesis, DNA binding investigations and biological activities of some divalent metal ion complexes with curcumin and nitrile group ligands
- In-vitro propagation of Dendrobium aphyllum (Roxb.) – a threatened orchid.
- Nematodes of Tomato Plants in Manipur with special reference to their management by using few plant extracts
- In vitro evaluation of anticancer and antioxidant activities of medicinal plants